What are Epicure 3.0 Pyramid speakers worth?

I have a pair of Epicure 3.0 Series II Pyramid speakers that I am considering selling but I need to know how much to ask for them. I re-foamed the woofers and midranges about 15 years ago and had great results except for a rattle in one of the midrange drivers. I replaced both midrange drivers with some unknown name drivers I found at the local electronics store. They (the mids) have a power rating of 200 watts and sound good but are more efficient than the originals so I added l-pads to attenuate them. They now sound as good as the originals minus the rattle. I will include the original midrange drivers for the perfectionist to have rebuilt. The foam tweeter covers are in great shape. The front foam covers have long since disintegrated so I replaced them with round auto stereo speaker grilles. Not original but a good look anyway. I understand these speakers sold for $1000.00+ back in the 70's. Anybody out there have any input?
mandobassman
Run an ad here, on eBay or Craigslist and you will soon know their real value. That would be a lot easier than arguing about it, which in the end will not result in a real answer to your question. I always liked Epicure speakers and would be interested in knowing the final sales price.
Mandobassman, you're using the logic of a seller, step into the shoes of a buyer and it will be much more apparent to you.
Hi Mondo, I just typed in "Epicure 3.0 speakers for sale" into a search engine and a few adds around the internet came up. Also went to ebay and found foam surround kits for 40.00.
I think if you restored them back to stock you could ask 350.00 as a starting price and see what offers you get.
Good Luck, Tish
Snofun3
Just because a piece of equipment is 30 years old doesn't mean it is going to be inferior to modern equipment, in fact I have found that the older stuff is often better. What you consider "a bunch of work" is not necessarily a bunch to someone else.

Truemaineiac
I am using the logic of a true audiophile that bases the value of equipment on the quality of performance rather than age, appearance, original equipment, etc... For example, Audiophiles will pay $1000.00 for a 50 year old Dynaco ST-70 tube amp simply because of the sound.

Jperry
I will let you know what the sale price is if I manage to sell them. You're right, arguing with the other responses here will not tell me what their value is. I really wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to point out the positive aspects of the speakers. I just didn't expect the attitudes to be so negative. I probably won't list them for sale here. I don't think there's enough of a market here.
Hi Racamuti,
The foam surrounds have already been replaced. I know the front foam grilles are not available so full restoration is not possible but they function beautifully and I'm sure others would agree that the round grilles don't look bad. Thanks for your input, your suggestion sounds a lot more like I was thinking.