'Holographic Sound Stage?'

Well, please tell me what this is exactly? It seems to be the seeing of what we are hearing - fingers on instrument.. lip shapes.. air around the body - even how tall and how fat!! When had we had heard 'holographic sound stage' in real life other then between our own HI-END speakers?
luna
I saw a holographic soundstage at a guys house about 20 years ago and have not seen it since.Whats amazing to me is the guys who sell hi- end equipment in my area don't believe it exist.My own son doesn't.I wish I had not seen it.I'd still be listening to Bose speakers instead of spending thousands trying to duplicate that illusion.Its really a sight to see.
Nonoise, I had the exact same experience at Acoustic Image (in my case it was Joule Electra driving Dali's) and I'm on a quest to bring that combo home!
I believe equipment alone won't do it. The room dimensions, treatments and positioning are major contributors; a major rabbit hole, should you choose to go down it. Jimbatkh

That's because the speaker interacts with room. If the speaker is less dependent with room acoustics, equipments alone will produce more holographic soundstage.

My sound system displays spectacular "holographic soundstage and images." If anyone wants to experience it, I welcome anyone. Just PM to me.

Alex