Small Speakers For A Large Room...

I'm about to move my system into a much larger room - ~4,000 cu feet - but for domestic tranquility (I love my wife far more than my music) will need to keep the speakers on the small side. What options are out there in a large stand mount or slender floor standing speaker that work well in large room? I don't listen very loud, and will have a separate powered subwoofer, but mains that visually dominate the room are not an option for me.

If you know of small-ish speakers that sound large, I'd appreciate some suggestions!
128x128srosenberg
Check out Wavetouch audio. Grand Teton is a small monitor (12" x 7.5" x 10") with 94 db sensitivity.
Another vote for Joseph Audio Pulsars. Nice looking speakers that I'd think have a high WAF and play big for their size, especially since you'll be running a sub with them. Also, to Audiokinesis' point, I believe they have very good dispersion characteristics.

By the way, the fact that you love your wife much more than your music tells me you're either a newlywed or sorely in need of better music. Either way, best of luck.
http://www.stereomojo.com/SHELBYKROLLReferenceStandardMonitor1.0andReferenceWooferMonitor1.0.htm/SHELBYKROLLReferenceStandardMonitor1.0andReferenceWooferMonitor1.0.htm

You can probably purchase the Nano monitors for considerably less and get fairly close to the performance of the reference models. All in all, excellent speakers
I would recommend the neat ultimatum xls. If you want smaller i would not hesitate to recommend the evolution acoustic mmmicroone speake. Huge sound from the size. A bw pv1d actually complements them well.
new house and new baby kept me away from this thread for the last couple of weeks... WOW! i was stunned to see the number of responses so far - too many for me to thank you all individually, so collectively, THANKS!!

you all have given me a lot to look into, some were on my radar already, but many i had never considered previously.

@Soix... been maried quite a while. she's a keeper for sure, so perhaps i need to find some better music!