Speaker advice?

Hello all-

I'm trying to put together a nice sounding system for a small listening room (about 10' by 10'). Space is constrained in every way, so I need to select small speakers and small components. I have a few options in mind. I am wondering if readers have any thoughts as to whether one is better than another, or if any of these a good idea. System A) is a Creek Evolution 50a amplifier, a Creek Evolution 50d cd player, and DynAudio Excite X12 speakers. System B) is a Creek Evolution 50a amplifier, a Creek Evolution 50d cd player, and KEF LS50 speakers. System C would be either speaker above paired with a Rega Brio R amp and a Rega Apollo R cd.

Any thoughts about which direction I should go? Thanks, Margot
mcanaday
Hi Tony, Bob, and Seikosha-

First, thanks for the additional information about the Minuets. This does sound like quite a remarkable speaker. If it doesn't end up being the big winner, I will definitely find a way to use that in a desktop system down the line. As for the Dynaudios, I read somewhere that they needed a lot of space, and I was afraid for that reason they were too much speaker for my small room. I hated to eliminate them, as they are a speaker I have long fantasized about. I was also concerned I couldn't drive them well with the power I have.

I will definitely look at the Marantz, although one of my issues is footprint size for the components, and I think the Marantz may be too big.

Last night I started to read too about the Paradigm Signature Reference 1, which seems to run on less power than the Studio 10s (based on various reviews I read), and has good bass and is overall a very nice speaker. Since I am planning to pull it out in the room a bit, maybe this is another one to consider.

Anyway, I'm taking a pile of reviews and all your comments, and meeting my audiophile dad this weekend to try to come to a final decision! Thanks for all your help. You guys at Augiogon have been great!

Margot
Can't go wrong with either Dynaudio or the KEFs. You do need the right amp for both , 80 watts or more I would say and power output doubles from 8 to 4 ohms for best results. Smaller Wyred4Sound, BEl Canto or perhaps even D-Sonic Class D amps would be worth a look. I use CLass D amps with other smaller Dynaudio monitors in a similar small room to very good effect! I really like the KEF design with concentric drivers, especially for a smaller room where one may be listening fairly nearfield and drivers need to integrate well for good imaging, coherency, etc. I've been very tempted to try a pair of the ls50s, and very well may someday.
Post removed 
Thanks all. After talking this over more with my dad, I am going to give the Dynaudios a try. If they don't work well, I will sell them and try the Minuets or the Spendors. I am actually delighted to know about these other speakers, as I have some other applications in mind as well. I am grateful for your advice, audiophiles! Hope it's a rockin' fourth!