Parasound CD-1

I know this is a recent release but has anyone heard this yet?
It sounds like a poor mans (comparatively speaking: $14,000 vs. $4,500) Laufer Memory player. It reads until it's correct and not a pS sooner, playing from a memory buffer. It's Linux based Intel chip is devoted to music only. And its VCXO clock can go <1pS though it measures at <6pS. Femto clocks come in at 0.140pS so that's not too shabby for a CDP.

I've always wished for someone to combine the best of a CDP with a PC and maybe Parasound has pulled it off. Hopefully others will follow and prices should come down in a couple of years.

All the best,
Nonoise
128x128nonoise
I got the ayon cd2s today with a classe cp800 and clarus crimson cables with focal speakers. The ayon is now the best player I have ever heard. The parasound cd1 is still great but this ayon does not have any weaknesses. It is smooth. Great vocals. No digital glare. Very analogue sounding but open. Not tubey but clear. I am amazed. I am very happy with this player and it is now the new best player I have ever heard. Home run for ayon audio.
Hey CalvinJ - In April the Parasound was the best you ever heard and in May the Ayon is the best you ever heard. Are you really Douglas Schroeder under an assumed alias?
Calvin and EandJ thank you for your thoughts. I compared the Meridian 808.3 memory player to an Ayon CD5s and while Meridian was great I clearly favored and purchased the Ayon with NOS Tubes and have enjoyed it for the reasons Calvin mentioned and more, for over a year since. From the design, this new Parasound sounds like a contender, along with NeoDio and Era Tentation for a listen. EandJ - have you hear any of the above in a good set up? or what was your past best CD player, so we can get an idea of where you are coming from.
Joe
I post real opinions. I love music. I posted about the ayon cd2s because it did everything the parasound cd1 did but only better. I have owned marantz bryston oppo and I have heard the luxman d06. The ayon just did it better than all the rest. It is amazing and probably my last player for a long time to come.
My last CD player was a bryston bcd 1. The luxman d06 which was clearly better. I heard the parasound afterwards it was better than the luxman fir me because of the analog lie sound but the luxman is still a great player. Then I heard the ayon cd2s. It blew me completely away. I am so happy I bought. It has been the best purchase since I bought my pioneer elite kuro plasma 5 years ago. Reference level performance for a CD player. Nice highs. Great midrange. Great tight bass. Smooth. Great separation. The music just comes together as a whole with ease and fluidity.