Parasound CD-1

I know this is a recent release but has anyone heard this yet?
It sounds like a poor mans (comparatively speaking: $14,000 vs. $4,500) Laufer Memory player. It reads until it's correct and not a pS sooner, playing from a memory buffer. It's Linux based Intel chip is devoted to music only. And its VCXO clock can go <1pS though it measures at <6pS. Femto clocks come in at 0.140pS so that's not too shabby for a CDP.

I've always wished for someone to combine the best of a CDP with a PC and maybe Parasound has pulled it off. Hopefully others will follow and prices should come down in a couple of years.

All the best,
Nonoise
128x128nonoise
I was surprised with the quality. I like my ayon cd2s better but this parasound is really good.
I went back and forward on this one. First I thought the ayon cd 2s was better than the parasound. Then the ayon started sounding thin and bright and forward. I heard the parasound again and it sounded a lot better. The ayon went through some changes after I initially listened. The parasound does one thing. That's cd playback and does it well.
Listened to parasound cd1 with vienna acoustics beethoven baby grand se. I got a glorious sound out of the combination. No digital glare. Deep soundstage. Great separation. Warmer fuller sound. A friend loaned me the parasound. I hated to give it back.