Cartridge dilemma

Hi guys, i posted two weeks ago about the fact that my DV 10X5 stylus broke and i need to decide what i will do next.
so far i spoke to Peter Lederman at soundsmith and for retipping it will cost me $250 or $350 explaining some work beyond my understanding, i also was told by a dealer that iron cartridges did not work with PS audio phono what Peter today said it wasn't true.
I would like to hear from your experiences with soundsmith and DV cartridges what could the smartest move since i am don't have lots of cash to spend on graduate school, but certainly i would like to get the right one.

Peter suggested "The boheme" he also mention that when you buy from them you only pay 20% for repairs afterwards what seems like a long term investment.

Before i was considering:
DYNAVECTOR - 20X2-L
Dynavector 17D3 Phono Cartridge
Ortofon 2M Black Phono Cartridge

MY TT Rega P5 no upgrades.
PS Audio GCPH phono preamplifier

I will really appreciate any inputs related to my current dilemma, i am sure some of you had gone trough the same.

thank you always,
128x128mountainsong
The 20x2L at almost double the price of the 10x5 will last longer than 2 10x5's. The 10x5 sounds pretty good but they are not well constructed, and bend way too easily. Best of luck.
If your interested in a boheme, I have one I might list on the classifieds. It has been out of rotation for quite some time. I had it re-tipped from soundsmith and haven't played it much since. It used to be my primary cartridge and I enjoyed it very much. I know have a soundsmith sussuro paua as my primary cart and have been keeping the boheme as a back up. I will probably list soon if there is some interest shown here.
As Vinylmad814 mentions, you may want to check out the Clearaudio MM's. You could also ask Peter L. about their Denon 103's. I think you are on the right track. The Shelter 5000 may also be in your price range. I would ask about the 17D vs the 20X-L. I have heard them both, but not at the same time in the same setup.... IMHO, they are different enough, that you should prefer one over the other. My guess is it could come down to the way your system is balanced. Sounds like you could have a synergy there w/ the DV carts and your GCPH!