VPI Traveler v1 vs v2 comparison

I am new to the site. I have been considering the purchase of the VPI Traveler but v1 or v2? I was just wondering if anyone knows the changes recently made to the traveler. I know they are said to be "improvements" but it's hard to tell with the new rubber feet and I heard the v2 replaces the IEC with a wall wart power supply, the wiring also appears to be downgraded by looking at the limited pictures I could find.
smatty
I have had a Traveler V1 since last Dec and been smitten ever since, so take that into account. I have no experience with V2 but I am not sure what a wall wart brings to the table when there were no problems with V1. (I am aware of the few tonearm issues but I believe they have all been addressed quickley. In fact, this is an exceptional tonearm and the highlight of this table)
I have been very happy with this table because it sounds alot like the other VPI tables, musical, involving and very stable. It also has similar build quality with a more Zen like approach. Simple, economincal, heavy and clean with tight tolerences that feels like a fine instrument. Most turntables in this price range felt a little cheesey to me in comparison. The exception was the Clearaudio Concept, which I felt was a wonderful table in the same way the Traveler is.
I think if the Traveler appeals to you sonically you will have a 'pride of ownership' experience that others have had when you hear and play your lp's.
Thanks, I am just wondering if I should go for the new v2 or pick up the v1 while they are still available and on sale at many locations.
You can call/email VPI and ask them yourself about the changes to help you make this decision. The traveler is a great table and I think you would be happy with either version.

I have the original Traveler and I very happy with this version.
Below is VPI's response from my email asking them a few questions about some changes made to the version 2 Traveler.
1- The arm was changed to incorporate longer pins on the bearings so when the arm froze in UPS it would not come apart. They do not come apart in your home, even the old ones. Actually as we found out most arm bearings were broken because customers tried to rotate the counterweight instead of the adjustment thumbscrew in the rear!!!
2- The mat was changed because the new one sounds better. It is removable.
3- The logo was moved because of all the complaints of it in the front - we can't please anyone with this one.
4- The price increase is due to the inclusion of a 60 HZ generating power supply for much better sound and speed control. The Traveler now has a small SDS power supply built in.
Number 5 and 6 are my own additional remarks: The paint for the different colors is no longer a gloss finish but more of a matte finish. Number 6, the feet are no longer made of metal but made of rubber. This might make the sound a little warmer and help with vibration. Hope this helps! Tom