VPI Traveler v1 vs v2 comparison

I am new to the site. I have been considering the purchase of the VPI Traveler but v1 or v2? I was just wondering if anyone knows the changes recently made to the traveler. I know they are said to be "improvements" but it's hard to tell with the new rubber feet and I heard the v2 replaces the IEC with a wall wart power supply, the wiring also appears to be downgraded by looking at the limited pictures I could find.
smatty
@ Sbrownnw,

That is true I also noticed this. Not sure it is the belt (typical belt squeak) I think it might just be the pulley mechanism or the motor. It was a bit of an odd sound. But it only lasted about 3 seconds upon initial start up and then it was completely gone. I tried a few records and turned it off and on a few times and it always did the same thing. I guess the question to ask is if it is reliable (seems to be) then does that 3 seconds really ruin someones experience or not? It personally does not bother me much and it wouldn't be a deal breaker in buying one.
As far as "belt chatter" goes don't most of us give a little assist to our platter so as not to stretch belt and otherwise soften the blow of the initial power? I know I have always assisted my platter (esp. heavy plinths) before powerering up.
Is this something we should be doing?
@zennblaster: yes, platter startup assist helps extend belt life. Even doing this, i could not eliminate the startup chatter on the V2.
Thanks for the posts I did in fact purchase the newer model which is quite change from my late generation p2. There is much more life to my records now each one sounds new, I am hearing things I had not heard before. There is belt chatter that was mentioned previously but the bigger challenge for me is the motor noise of the v2 traveler, both off and on, even when the table is powered off the power-supply is producing a noticeable hum. I have not found this to affect in anyway the tt's performance, but after my Rega which has a dead silent DC motor, I am still adjusting and getting used to it.