VPI Classic 4, any one have it?

i have ordered Classic 4 yesterday and looking forward to it, will have to wait 3 to 4 weeks delivery.
like to know owner of Classic 4, how are they liking it.
thanks
Chris
csng1
Stringreen

No, i better check with my dealer, i did not know about it.
thanks
Chris
Stringreen, my buddy has ordered the new ceramic coated platter. He has heard some mixed reviews with some coming directly from VPI. Most reviews say there is little difference between the ceramic and alum platter. He really doesn't care since he is upgrading from the old super platter.

I was also wondering why VPI did not use the ceramic coated platter at the most recent hi-end shows.

Looking forward to reading your listening impressions as you spend more time with the new platter.
I understand the ceramic platter was developed for the upcoming direct drive table. So far I hear more clarity with less "tizzies" on the high frequencies...but I still have to listen further....just got it a few hours ago.
I just posted my take on the ceramic platter, but it hasn't been published yet. My very strong advice is to get the Ceramic platter...it is very clearly better than the Classic...and not by a little.
Stringreen, any idea why the ceramic platter would make a difference. I use a SS delrin clamp and flattening ring. Sound seems pretty good to me. I concede that using the black fiber mat tends to over damp the record, but I'm just a bit confused about the ceramic platter attributes. Please explain. Thanks. Bruce