VPI 3D tonearm

Anyone using it yet?
128x128stringreen
Actureus....you are correct....Valhalla WAS top of the line wiring for VPI arms..however the new Discovery wire that is used in the 3D arm is better...especially in the mids (is what Harry tells me..I'll report on it when I get my arm wired with the new Discovery) VPI will wire any of his arms with any wire you wish.
Stringreen,

I didn't say Valhalla was the top of line wiring for VPI arms; I said it was Nordost's top of the line wire that retails/retailed for an exorbitant amount of money (for most people), and has been generally considered one of the very best wires the money could buy. So I find your (or VPI's) statement that the Discovery wire, now apparently used for the new VPI tonearm, is "very much better" than the Valhalla wire absurd. Do you and VPI propose to tell me there has been some sort of a ground-breaking break-through and advance in tonearm wires in the past year that rendered all top wires thus far on the market inferior and obsolete? Or is a more plausible explanation that that it is all marketing bs meant to sell more product? I myself have owned several VPI products, including my current Classic turntable which I love it, but this is getting really annoying.
Actusreus, I think it's at least plausible that the Discovery wire could be 'better' sounding in the VPI arm. Without comparing the two, how would you know? One presumes Harry did this comparison before going with the Discovery(?).

FWIW, the Discovery tonearm wire is highly regarded - it is used in both the Triplanar and Durand Talea arms. The designers of those 2 arms are notable for being obsessive over the details of their designs.
Tobes,

Sure. So then how about going with an "improvement" rather than such sweeping statements as "very much better"? It is also plausible that Harry is jumping on the Discovery bandwagon to align his product with the top products in the same category. I don't have a problem with manufacturers seeking to improve their products, but I do have a problem with making dramatic statements such as this. Having been at this for some years now, it irks me to see anyone making such sweeping claims. Something "the best" is now much worse. In high-end where improvements are rather quite incremental at certain levels, it does not inspire confidence and smells of a marketing ploy.

Another point is that considering how much wire the signal has to go through in any given system, a claim that the Discovery wire in the tonearm only will make a sudden leaping improvement in any system is rather absurd, at least to me.
Actusreus....it seems so very much irks you. Have you heard the Discovery wire? Once upon a time Harry Pearson said that Nordost Valhalla resides in his state of the art system....no longer. The world moves on.