Change the cartridge or phono stage

I am new to turntable tweaks and would like to warm up the sound of my new MF 5.1 turntable and 2.2 phono stage .
Are there any advantages/disadvantages or circumstances that
would predicate changing the cartridge or phono stage ?
I would like to get to the level of EL-34 tube warmth .

Thank You
saki70
TT mats DO INDEED make a difference.. I have used felt, Audioquest Sorbothane mat, the paper and cork Ringmat, they all do different things. The Ringmat was best for me.
Proper set up is paramount.. I have always had a professional do it for me but it can be done by yourself. changing tone-arm wire or the cable from your TT to your phono preamp can also effect changes. Changing the power cord to your preamp and power amp can make a change in the direction you want also. I have had great success with Cardas Golden Power cord, very warm, 3-D and inviting.
Elevick ;
I don't have the tools or ability to make those type of adjustments . The table is a new purchase . The manufacturer claims to set up the included cartridge from the factory and the dealer checked it out .
Are you including the cartridge and phono stage into that turntable warmth comment ?

If turntables are anything like amps and CDP's , I don't think that cables will give the amount of added warmth that I am looking for .

Yes it is a Music Hall MMF 5.1 turntable and a pa1.2 phono stage , also my Music Hall . This is playing through a tubed , El-34 , integrated amp into Reference 3a speakers .

Thank You and keep the help coming .
Then buy an EL-34 amplifier.
The fact the op is not really able to do a cartridge swap with any expertise.. why is he asking to swap cartridges?
He would have to find a dealer to do it.
As for phono stages with lush tube warmth.. try an early Conrad Johnson with a phono included.
I don't have a problem with having my dealer install a new cartridge .
I have an EL-34 amp already . It does not have a way , that I know of , to run a separate pre-amp into it . Or at least it doesn't have an amp in connection . I think that I need a stand alone phono stage . Or am I missing something here ?

Thank You
I think that you will get more warmth from a cart or phono stage, rather than from a cable swap. But do not assume that a TT is just like an amp or CD player. The signal level is much much lower. Which makes cables from your cart to phono stage the most important in your system.

That said, look for a warm cart or phono stage. Grado is one place to look on the cart side, available at a number of price points. The EAR phono stages are often described as warm, but that may be outside your budget. Maybe others know less expensive phono stages that meet your criteria.