Can u make interconnect from speaker cables

I haver a 26 foot pair of the CRL Silver speaker cables that I am not using- Can I cut them to length and reterminate them for use as Interconnects or are they completley different type of wires- thanks
fluffers
You certainly can, in the same way that you can make a motorcycle out of your family sedan.

Actually, it was all the rage as few years back to make speaker cables out of Home Depot power cords and cat5 cables, so why not try it? The results will be somewhat unpredictable however. From a financial standpoint, it might just make a bit more sense to sell them on to someone that can enjoy them as speaker cables and buy a nice set of interconnects, YMMV. Best of luck.
It would probably be a lot of work. Some IC makers do not use a shield but they often braid the hot and ground to help cope with no real shield. Another challenge would be adapting the much heavier gauge in a speaker cable to fit in your connectors. No reason that I have experienced to keep the larger gauge and the extra capacitance from the larger gauge can be a problem. However if you do not have IC's that are not silver wire based you may want to explore it a bit further.

It is very rare, but I've seen some companies using a coaxial cable, which is suitable for interconnects because of its inherent shielding capabilities, for a speaker cable design.

I have not seen anybody using larger gauge cables (usually used in speaker cables) for an interconnect design. It is generally not recommended to use speaker cable for interconnect and vice-versa.

You can contact CRL and ask them if that particular cable design can be used for an interconnect cable. I will be very surprised if CRL says yes to this question.

These are two interesting articles on audio cables:

Speaker Cable Article

Coaxial Cable Article