Interconnect Cables for Pre-and Power amp

Hi, I’m searching for a pair of interconnect cables connection my pre-amp (Ayre K-1xe) and power-amps (Pass Labs XA30.5) – both Solid State. FYI, the speakers are a pair of Harbeth C7-es3.

Preferably, I’d get the Balanced interconnect cables to get the full potentials of these amps. What would you recommend for mid-end/used cables (brands, models, etc)? What’s the typical lengths of the cables – 1.5m or 2m?

My choices of music are mostly vocals, jazz, pop songs, symphony, chamber and some blues and rock(no heavy metal or other modern music types). I look for cables that deliver extended highs, natural/full-body mid-range and dynamic bass with excellent imaging and soundstages.

Thank you for your recommendations.
r0817
I had a pair of Sky that Cable Company lent me. I have very revealing equipment but I couldn't hear the difference between the 2. Here's what you get going from 36v Cheetah to Sky (Everything else is identical): 72v dbs, slightly different xlr connectors and 50% more air.

Thats it. If its one of those things that bother you, a 36v dbs pack is available form AQ for about $100-$150. If there is an improvement going to 72v, its very slight. You don't here the type of differences in xlr connectors that you do with rca. That just leaves you with 50% more air.

I thought the 50% more air thing was kind of funny because Sky cost 2x what Cheetah is so I called AQ and they reluctantly confirmed my take on the differences were accurate. As far as pure silver goes, thats identical. Weather it sounds bright or harsh, thats subjective and very equipment dependent. I never said the Cheetah is bright or harsh. The sound is a little different. The HF's have a detached sound. They stand out a little more. I wouldn't call it harsh, bright would be closer. But that's just between the amp and preamp. Most of the time they sound OK going from a source to a preamp. Except on my vinyl setup. Cheetah is good between a TT and phono pre but not good between my phono pre and my line stage. (that combination has held true through several different equipment upgrades, not just 1 tt and 1 phono pre). I can't give you a technical reason as to why any of this is true. I just judge everything by listening to it. No only that, its all subjective anyway. I can say, though, that I've showed many people these differences over the years using my system and every single person that I did the demo for, was able to easily hear the differences I list above.
Bo1972,
My impression of high quality silver cable is the same as yours.Better resolution,openness and transpaency with improved tone,articulation and smoothness. Brightness and glare are non issues.I fine silver more truthful,natural and less colored than copper cables.
Regards,
I went from Colorado to Sky. This difference was bigger than I thought. In a few months I do from sky to the new outcomming Wild. I wonder what kind of equipment ZD542 uses?
There are some Acoustic Zen Silver Ref. IIs available that posess a lot of the characteristics you're looking for. Best of luck.
My main system consists of: Wadia 861SE, AQ Cheetah, Aesthetix Calypso, 2 pairs of AQ Columbia, 2 Ayre V5's (vertical), 2 runs of AQ CV-8, Vandersteen Model 2 Sig2 + 2 Vandersteen subs.

2nd system: Wadia 302, Tara The 2 IC, VAC 30/30 mk3, The 2 speaker cable, Wilson Cubs series 2/with matching stands.

I also have some vinyl gear and quite a few components that I don't always have in my system but I do use every once an a while. I've used AQ with everything I have and have always gotten very consistent results. If you guys like silver and get different results from me, thats fine. My opinion is no more valid than anyone elses. I'm not saying that anyone is wrong or not being truthful, either. I believe that everyone here is giving their honest opinion. Its to be expected that results will vary; espically when dealing with cables and very revealing components.