HDCD'S

I’m new to HDCD’s in fact I hadn’t even heard about it until I purchased a player capable of decoding an HD disc. I’ve asked around at the local cd shop and a few used outlets, no one seems to know much about it. I’ve searched the internet looking for a list of HDCD titles and came across one site called Fish Records in the U.K. Is there a outlet here in Canada or in the U.S.?
larryvt
Hi, I have a Naim CDX2 which has HDCD decoding. I haven't found any HDCD's at my local stores, but I recently bought 311's Greatest Hits '93-'03. Interestingly enough, it says nothing about HDCD anywhere in the liner notes, but I was pleasantly surprised when I popped it into the cdp and HDCD flashed in the display! I don't know what kind of music you listen to, but if you like rock, I highly recommend this disc. Being a greatest hits disc, some tracks are poorly recorded while others are quite good. :-)
Most of the releases from the Grateful Dead are hdcd's. If you're into classical all of the titles from Reference Recordings are hdcd's, Keith Johnson invented hdcd I think.
I wrote down a few of the HDCD titles from Fish Records, searched them out at the local cd store and found one match. There is no HDCD logo on the disc or cover but took a chance and bought the cd the artist is Cheryl Wheeler -Different Stripe, popped it in the player and the HD light came on-Great Disc!
HDCD doesn’t appear to be well advertised although the sound difference is quite noticeable. Thanks for the other title suggestions I'll check them out.