Top Five for 2005

The year's coming to an end, what's your top five finds for 2005?

New or old releases.

All recommendations are welcome.

Here's my five:

Mulgrew Miller- Live at Yoshi's Vol.2
Branford Marsalis- Eternal
Frank Jackson- New York after Dark
Marian McPartland - 85 Candles
Stryker/Slagle Band - Live at the Jazz Standards

Happy Holidays.
kana813
Ben,

How right you are about the X&Y release. My first listen was great but listening closer, it just falls short..

Chris
I've enjoyed a number of the titles mentioned here, well done everyone. As far as a true "find" for me in 2005, I would certainly have to share Lizz Wright - 'Dreaming Wide Awake'. A friend turned me on to her and I was immediately reminded of my first listen to Cassandra Wilson's 'New Moon Daughter' release. Turns out they share the same producer, Craig Street. Anyhow, this gal deserves a listen - a very well done album with some great covers. Great recording as well on the Verve 'Forecast' label.

explode baby!- agf/vladislav delay.. a couple living in berlin.. one on drums one on laptop.. good lyrics and very interesting sound spaces.. very futuristic "pop" (yet all the while fairly experimental).. highly recommended for fans of experimental house/hiphop/breakbeat music/glitch/idm/ambient. it sort of has it all...

from a compound eye_robert pollard (guy mainly behind guided by voices)- a good "solo" continuation of his guided by voices works, but more raw and noisey at times.

guillontine- circle- latest from a phenominal group from pori, finland.. sort of psycho folk music (not american folk mind you.. think tribal (sami people- lapland))- their previous albums have all been psychadelic- spanning a wide genre gap. each one was different from metal to electronic to punkish to drone to sort of tweaky funk styled stuff.. certainly weird at times.. the singer sings in both finnish and some made up language. not that most of you could probably tell the difference anyways..

the notwist and themselves- 13 and god- experimental hiphop from a collection of guys from the anticon label including dose one who is in so many great groups it is hard to keep track

finally

smile- brian wilson- .. although not as good as if it had been released in the way late 60s as originally intended it is still a great album and fantastic that he finally finished it after 30 years...