Top Five for 2005

The year's coming to an end, what's your top five finds for 2005?

New or old releases.

All recommendations are welcome.

Here's my five:

Mulgrew Miller- Live at Yoshi's Vol.2
Branford Marsalis- Eternal
Frank Jackson- New York after Dark
Marian McPartland - 85 Candles
Stryker/Slagle Band - Live at the Jazz Standards

Happy Holidays.
kana813
Hi ben...good to see someone agree w. me on Robert Plant! Also agree on Beck. Yeah and Arcadian Fire...something is missing....I think its passion
Henryhk I don't think it's passion with Arcade Fire it's more to do with then capturing their sound in the studio.

I saw them live on TV and there was a whole other dimension,and I know people who have seen them live think they are the real deal.
Ben,

How right you are about the X&Y release. My first listen was great but listening closer, it just falls short..

Chris
I've enjoyed a number of the titles mentioned here, well done everyone. As far as a true "find" for me in 2005, I would certainly have to share Lizz Wright - 'Dreaming Wide Awake'. A friend turned me on to her and I was immediately reminded of my first listen to Cassandra Wilson's 'New Moon Daughter' release. Turns out they share the same producer, Craig Street. Anyhow, this gal deserves a listen - a very well done album with some great covers. Great recording as well on the Verve 'Forecast' label.