Blues recommendations anyone?

Hi everybody. I'm looking to expand my music library a little bit, and one genre that I don't have is Blues. I have a buddy at work that plays Blues on his boombox regularly and I've gotten a few names from him, but I was wondering if any of you have a favorite Blues artist or cd that you could highly recommend.
Thanks a bunch.
mjfvashon
Mississippi John Hurt is more a "folky" style of the blues. Eric Clapton does some good blues too. Clapton's album "Me and Mr Johnson" is wonderful. He sings blues legend Robert Johnson's songs. Some great music.
robert randolph,johnny winter,jimmie lafave,buddy guy,rl burnside,john hammond. keb mo, jimmie vaughan. check out robert johnson, son house,muddy waters, john lee hooker,bb king, stevie ray vaughan and john mayall for perspective.
I knew I could count on getting some good responses and I'm sure there'll be more before the day is done. Many thanks to each and every one that has or will respond. I've hit the mother lode for sure. That's what I was hoping for and you folks certainly did not disappoint. Thanks again everybody!
Robert Cray and Etta James are 2 of my favorites. Kelly Joe Phelps is pretty good stuff too, more acoustic type. His CD "Tap the Red Cane Whirlwind" is great.