High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
They will break in 10x faster with the system on. Just sitting there pretty much does nothing, relatively speaking, in my experience.
Fluffers, I think that you can turn off the tubes. Just don't move the cables. I have no tube components now, but I used to have your concern. I did turn off the amp when not playing music. I did leave the preamp on, however. Breakin may take somewhat longer, however.

I now have a Koda K 10 line stage, whose maker say can be turned off at night, but I think it is actually the case that it benefits from being turned off. I also turn off the BMC M2 amps out of concern about electricity consumption.
Fluffers, In my experience the interconnects need to be played with the components you intend to use them on. But, you will get some cable break in playing IC's in another system. As Fplanner2000 says , just sitting there will not help. One month of continual playing is what it might take to be mostly broken in but you can do 600 hours just when you want to listening. could take a year.
in the meantime, ENjoy the music!! D
Ddraudt, it seems like I'm always waiting for something breaking in. Last night with nothing changed, I had a major jump in the quality of the sound stage on every recording that I played. I find breakin comes in big jumps-not at all smoothly.

Also even once broken in, the HFCables hate to be moved even slightly. I had not moved any for at least six days.
Tbg, Interesting about the surprise jump in quality. Yes, I have been breaking in stuff continually for two years and have spent decades breaking in stuff. I am having two amps and a set of speakers built so
another year of break in to come.
I've just sent two of my URR power cords to Frank in Houston to play with so my system is much less magical at the moment. I still have one URR plugged into my HF UR WGPC (magnetic wave guide power conditioner) so the system still sounds better than most systems I've heard.