your favorite music

If you had to re-catagorize your music collection by artist, but list it by how much you like/love certain artists, which artist/bands/etc would have the highest position?
128x128nrchy
Five LPs I couldn't live without:

Roger Waters - "Amused To Death"
Paul McCartney - "Unplugged, The Official Bootleg"
Van Morrison - "Hymns To The Silence"
Sting - "Ten Summoners Tales"
Dire Straits - "On Every Street"

Love lots of different music, but couldn't do without those five. :-)

My .02,
Ed
My main interest is in classical solo piano music, so -

Beethoven
Brahms
Chopin
Debussy
Lizst
Prokofiev
Rachmaninov
Schumann
Schubert

My favorite better known artists include -

Richter
Giles
Arrau
Moravec
Brendel
Roge'
Ogawa
Kissin
Just to name a few

And I never seem to tire of listening to Debussy's Preludes by Paul Jacobs.
Steve O: :^) Nice to see so much overlap in composers we enjoy! As to "all in one night," I often bounce quite a ways in a single evening. One of the joys of a large record collection for me is being able to go as the mood strikes from one recording to another.

Newbee: Great to see someone else who appreciates both Ivan Moravec and Paul Jacobs' recordings of the Debussy Preludes!
I have a separate shelf of CAN records and all its artists solo albums. CDs are also separated from the whole collection.
Whatever is associated with CAN is very very special to me.
It's very hard to categorize their music since it's too tallented just to call it progressive rock. It's much more to it...
Rushton,

I dunno; Haydn and Shastokovich back-to-back would strip my gears! Would have to take a loooong break in between.

Newbee,

If you're into solo piano you should try Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier and Goldberg Variations. Great stuff.

A concert grand must sound wonderful on your Linbrooks.

Steve O.