Looking for compilation suggestions

As of late I find myself listening to compilation albums and soundtracks more and more. Right now I'm listening to "These Times We're Living In, A Red House Anthology" which is very good. Other favorites are kd lang's "Songs from the 49th Parallel," the soundtrack from "Dead Man Walking" and the newly released "Instant Karma - The campaign To Save Darfur." Albums such as these provide me an opportunity to hear new artists or well known artists performing music somewhat out of their element.
Any recommendations appreciated and I'll probably pick up a few of them.
timrhu
Timrhu, Glad you liked the Kate Wolf tribute.

While I was looking for the "Nod to Bob" you and David12 recommended I found this:

Bob Dylan: This Ain't No Tribute Series
Taj Mahal, The Band, Leon Russel, Isaac Hayes, and others.
and this

"Dylan Country"

and an entire series called "This Ain't no Tribute Series"
featuring songs of Janis Joplin, Zeppelin, Clapton, Stones.

Never heard of the series before so maybe it isn't all that well done. Anyone familiar with the work?
Listened to Patti Smith's "Twelve" last night. Her version of George Harrison's "Within You Without You" is well worth the price of admission. Great bass on this cd also.
If you like the Kate Wolf - try:

Nanci Griffith - "Other Voices, Other Rooms" which is really a covers album of Nanci doing other people's material and it's great. You can sample the tracks here:
http://www.amazon.com/Other-Voices-Rooms-Nanci-Griffith/dp/B000002HCF

Also you may enjoy "Folkways : A Vision Shared" which has a number of contemporary artists like Dylan, Mellencamp, Springsteen, etc. doing their own interpretations of Woody Guthrie and Leadbelly songs. Little Richard's version of Rock Island Line is worth the price of admission alone.

I assume you've listened to Kate Wolf, herself. I have everyone of her albums on vinyl and love em all.