Led Zeppelin-newly remastered

The new Led Zeppelin compilation sees the first remastering of their material for 17 years or so.

Oh and it sounds great,clarity and thump to the fore as Zep sound better than they ever did on CD.
Mothership was mastered by John Davis.

I guess the biggest bone of contention on this double CD is the choice of tracks, every serious Zep fan is going to find several favourites missing.

Lets hope this will lead to each studio album getting state of the art Redbook remastering.
ben_campbell
I was at my local Barnes/Noble recently and they had Mothership packaged in cardboard w/DVD and a CD only version
which was packaged in standard plastic case. However, I noticed the Cd only version had the rounded
edges like I usually have seen exclusively on Sacd's.
Just on a whim, could this be a hybrid Sacd. Anyone feel
these surpass the page remasters sound wise.
Do you like the Page remasters? I'm with Geoffkait and don't much care for Page's transfers. I prefer the originals; the best mastering I have is by Dave Collins on the 2001 Promo (2500 copies) 3 CD Set - Warner Bros. Retro Active RA-003.

Regards,
I haven't heard the Page remasters. All my studio CDs are from the 80s, and the Mothership is far, far better sounding with lots more detail, air, bigger soundstage, etc. The drums and bass are a real treat. Drums on Since I've Been Loving You are GIGANTIC - sounds like Bonham is filling a large concert hall. Vocals are better, but not stunning. Can't wait for the individual releases.
Metralla, but I thought the Page transfers were spectacular. I might not have expressed that quite right. I will be spinning the Mothership CDs this week, but I need to treat them first. :-) Geoff
I guess its time to dust these off for another listen,
my system has changed considerably since last listen to the 10 CD box. My recollection is that I was not at all
satisfied, but I will listen again and try to elaborate
on that. My Zep vinyl has been treating me well though.
Most all classic records 180 & 200 gram.