1970's

I've heard some good 70's recordings latley. I orderd Grand funk railroed closer to home, I almost fell over dead. It sounded like they were in the room with me. Digital has the dynamics but anolog fools the ear and wipes away ear fatigue. So, what else am I missing out on, No Zappa please, just can't get into Zappa. How about Blondie?
max_pain
Jan,

A lot of The Tubes stuff has been rereleased in the last couple of years.

The live record "What do you want from Live!" is a CLASSIC! It sounds great and it is really a lot of fun, especially if you experienced the real thing and have a visual point of reference.

There is a new rerelease of The Tubes self-Titled debut and "Young and Rich" complied on one CD. For $18.99 at tower(dot)com you can get both of these great recordings on one CD.

BTW, The Tubes are still touring and sound pretty good. They seem to have aged a bit more gracefully than some of the folks who survived the '70s. They play smallish venues and really rock the joint. Check them out on Google.

Enjoy,

TIC
Reuben - The Tubes first self-titled album is the best! Very Zappa-esque! I have multiples of the mfsl silver and it's only beat by the vinyl. (But most vinyl copies have been "beat-up" by heavy tonearms ala the taped nickle. It's a tough find).
Yea, I was a teenager too in the 70's. Lucky for me I had a music love'n aunt that had a album collection that just killed. She had it all. I'd lay in bed on weekends while they played music that just rocked. Nobody mentioned Cactus, Foreignor, Eagles,Mahogony rush, War, mam's and the papas !!!! All great music
I have a vinyl copy of Mama Cass' Greatest Hits. Some obscure AU pressing that sounds like s**t. Same as Hall and Oates Greatest. Another POS. Amazingly disappointing.

I use both alternately for cartridge alignment.

--Jan
There were some great albums produced by Glynn Johns that sonically hold up. The Eagles, The Stones, The Who, the Clash and the Faces all were produced by Glynn during this period under an open room mic setup arrangement. I especially like Hi Records out of Memphis (Al Green) and all of the Philly Soul records. David Bowie's Young American album is a great gem to be rediscovered.