Help me pick out music for a party

I am hosting a party for my wife's 50th birthday party. Most of our guests are the same age and probably same musical tastes: rock from the late 60's 70 and 80's (u2, jackson browne, peter gabriel, etc), jazz (miles, carter, metheny).

It is not a dance party (buffet dinner and few people sitting down) and I would appreciate suggestins for the evening. No disco, no hiphop or rap.

Thanks

Richard Bischoff
rbischoff
When you want to end the party just put on "Escalator Over the Hill" and act like you're really getting into the "groove". I works. Trust me.
Thanks for all the responses. When I worked at a record store in the late 70's Rockadanny, I used to put on Ornette Coleman at closing time. Worked every time.

Richard
I have lots of experience with this sort of thing. I'd suggest no vocals to compete with the conversations unless someone specifically asks.

Ry Cooder & Manuel Galbán-Mambo Sinuendo(I think 2 tracks have vocals).

John Fahey-America

Michael Hedges-Aerial Boundaries

Miles Davis-In A Silent Way

Japancakes-If I Could See Dallas

Global Communication-76:14

Soundtrack-The Straight Story

There are tons more but these are mostly non-intrusive but engaging if you want them to be.
Play any type of blues music. Everyone in our age category loves some good Chicago electric blues. Collections from Alligator & Blind Pig as a start.