Stevie Wonder-As

Hello fellow audiophiles and music lovers.

I am sitting here listening to Stevie Wonder on an old LP, the song is "As". I had forgotten just how much of a "masterpiece' this song, and the album on which it resides, really. I was just in the car and heard it on the radio, came home, dug up the LP, and am astounded sitting here in the presence of true greatness.

I am writing this in the off chance that there are others out there who, like me, may have forgotten how much greatness there is in this man's catalog.

All the best to all of us.

richard p
rpeluso
I've been a fan of Stevie the Wonder Man for decades. Hell, the 1st time I saw him he played 2nd billing to the Stones at the garden (Ya-Ya period!). Forgetting his amazing longevity, voice, virtuosity, and performing skills, I believe decades from now his songwriting ability will be what he's most remembered for, truly genius. BTW, y'all need to stop talking about him in the past tense, have any of you heard his last release, 'A Time 2 Love'? It's the best he's done in a long time!
one of the most prolific singer songwriters of the 1970's, in IMHO, Music of My Mind, Innervisions, Fulfillingness First Finale, Talking Book, and Songs In The Key Of Life, one after the other quite a string.
So glad to read that someone here decided to bring up Stevie Wonder. His music sounds great today as it always did in the past. And the remasters are very good. The tag "genius" has been used for others but he is real one. "Music of My Mind," "Innervisions," Songs in the Key of Life," and "Talking Book," all merit a serious listen. His double live disc is also a masterpiece. Never forget that he could and often did play all the instruments on his recordings, plus lead vocal, wrote and produced the songs, and all this as a blind person. Although he doesn't look very good today, it's silly to berate an unsighted person who has overcome his disability to make a significant contribution to the world of music, and society as a whole.
This Elton John commentary about Steve Wonder for Rolling Stone is interesting: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5939219/the_immortals__the_greatest_artists_of_all_time_15_stevie_wonder