Wither Jimmy Page?

In listening to the Old Zep classics I can't help but wonder why this guy's talent (which is immense) never accompanied him in his later years (look at Jeff Beck or Jorma Kaukonen for examples). Is it me or does it seem like he just dropped off a cliff? I know he's still making music but does any of his more recent stuff shine like his early stuff?
russellrcncom
Byegolly,

page/Plant did a fanstastic job of playing there Zeppelin catalog when I saw them during their late 90's tour in support of the "Walking into Clarksdale" album.

Live performances of many classic rock acts from the 70's I've seen in the 90s and since have been superior to what they could muster live back in the day due largely to:

1) fewer drugs/ more consistency
2) years of honing their performances of their classic tunes
3) better sound engineering for live performances

In addition to Page/Plant, others that have honed their live acts over the years that I have seen are(practice does make perfect)The Moody Blues, Dick Dale and Yes.

Just last night I saw The Church perform live and the performance overall was golden! Even they have been around now for over 25 years. God, that makes me feel old!
We are old-er Mapman.
The mirror doesn't lie, but human nature being what it is, we see ourselves differently than others who see us (o:

Best 1990's live shows I saw were James Brown at the Hollywood Bowl and The Boston Symphony with Seji Ozawa conducting at the Shed in Lennox, MA.

Since I left SoCal & NY the live entertainment thing has fallen to close to zero. )o:
I don't know what shows you saw but april 30 1977 Pontaic Michigan page was on, the whole band smoked and the sound from showco was excellent

later jimmy 79 knebworth - the drugs were really heavy
lots of flubs on the original unedited footage