Beatles Remasters: Mono vs. Stereo Debate Thread

On September 9th, the entire Beatles catalog will be released in both mono and stereo remastered versions.

The issue of this thread is simply mono or stereo, and why? I only have the stereo CD versions that were available in the mid to late 1990s. I am too young to remember the original releases.

Until the albums are released, I'd like to get your take on the issue based on what has been on the market up to this point. After they are released, I'd like to hear from people who purchase either the stereo, mono, or both of the new reissues.

What are the pros and cons of the different mixes? Which do you plan on purchasing, if any? Discuss.
blackstonejd
All I could find was the Japan limited edition for $651 on CD Universe - that's probably about what the regular set will be going for on eBay come Xmas time if they really stick to their limited edition.

Yep, I got an email today that they are now discontinued, and my order will not be filled. Thanks a lot, CD Universe. Would it kill them to put a "sold out" sign on the item to save us all the time and trouble of placing an order for an item they don't have and can't get. Sheesh.
I currently have some mono versions from other countries.
I can't say for sure, but they are probably bootlegs. I have to say that they have amazing sound quality and many have slightly different mixes than the stereo versions. The Beatles, themselves, were only concerned with the mono mixes and did not get involved with the stereo mixes. They actually would have preferred their work to be mono only. EQ, reverb,and echo were heavily used in the stereo mixes, but not the mono mixes. I have ordered the mono set and will also buy the stereo set. What I find strange is that they are not issuing mono remasters of The White album and Abbey Road, which I have in a mono version.
Cyclonicman - I'm pretty sure the White Album is in the mono set. It is titled, simply, "The Beatles"
I received my copy of the Mono box this weekend. It is very solid in the remix department, sporting a nice wall of pristine sound and very deep bass. The mono mixes came from very good tube based mastering consoles, something that was abandoned in 1968. I prefer them to the stereo mixes, as the band sound is more uniform in "feel and presence" and the soundstage is both wide and deep. Purple Chick was a bootleg site that offered copies of the best direct off vinyl takes and the new box set is to that calibre.