Beatles Remasters: Mono vs. Stereo Debate Thread

On September 9th, the entire Beatles catalog will be released in both mono and stereo remastered versions.

The issue of this thread is simply mono or stereo, and why? I only have the stereo CD versions that were available in the mid to late 1990s. I am too young to remember the original releases.

Until the albums are released, I'd like to get your take on the issue based on what has been on the market up to this point. After they are released, I'd like to hear from people who purchase either the stereo, mono, or both of the new reissues.

What are the pros and cons of the different mixes? Which do you plan on purchasing, if any? Discuss.
blackstonejd
BTW, fantastic marketing move issuing two box sets knowing that Beatles completists will have to have both in order to retain that status.

The charitable thing to do would have been to issue both mono and stereo versions in a similar reasonably priced package.

Oh well, great art does not come cheaply I suppose....
I think it's all good. What really comes across to me on their mono stuff is how much fun they're having and how intricate and well crafted their work was. I got Abbey Road (only in stereo) and it is awesome. Ringos drum solo at the end of Carry That Weight is dynamic and tight, it all sounds great and so involving on my Magnepans. I've got the MOFI box but plan on getting the stereo box CD set. I also got the Beatles Rock Band for Wii on 09-09-09 (of course)and it's alot of fun. I haven't made any comparisions between versions and don't plan on any critical listening but I'm just enjoying the music. It has made me smile and brought tears to my eyes.
I just think it is stupid that the mono version is a limited version. Why on earth do that. I'm not a fan of limited editions, I don't think it serves a point. well maybe the one point is that the record componies are sure to sell out.

I think the whole box set is overpriced anyway. I hope that the CD's will also be sold seperatly. I think the beatles are ok but I don't want 20 beatle albums 2 or 3 is enough for me.
The mono is NOT limited, as it turns out. More are coming in October. The monos are sold only in the set, while the stereos are sold individually.

OK, there were 13 Beatles albums - British versions. The American albums were different because of singles releases, etc., but it's the same music. Add on an album of singles that weren't on albums, and we have 14 albums. Not 20.

Which 2 or 3 do you choose? Pepper, Revolver, and Abbey Road? What about the White Album? Rubber Soul? Please Please Me, etc.?

You know what I'm saying - don't hate. Just because you don't like the music is no reason for your attitude. This is the most important CD release of the year. If there were a Bernstein or Armstrong box issued under the same circumstances, why come down it?

Is it overpriced? A little - it should be $40 cheaper. But then I think your cd transport is overpriced.
Lucked out and managed to pick up a mono box set today.

Will be checking it out shortly....