Vinyl reissues

Do vinyl reissues sound the same as the originals?
tbromgard
What about the Music Matters Blue Note reissues and the Analogue Productions Impulse reissues? They sure as hell go for a lot of money ($50). Are they worth the dosh? I have not purchased any. Curious to know what folks think.
cmalak, I have purchased all the music matters and the first 3 AP Impulse 45 reissues.

I can not compare these to orginal pressings. So in this context, some of the music matters are simply stunning. Some are ok. None are bad. I am a little disspointed sound quality wise on the first 3 impulse's. I guess for $50, I hoped for stunning vs merely good.

The 4 Classic Clarity Vinyl reissues are very very good that I bought. I have 3 more on order.
Different take: it's the money!
If I can't afford an original 10" Blue note (try $200 plus each for a 'nearly' clean one) I will buy the reissue. The quality of the sound has no bearing on it.. it is just the money. (For the same resaon I have a LOT of Jazz on CD. It is hard to find some stuff on LP) I have hundreds of Jazz reissues because I could never afford the originals. As for Rock, most of the originals are available a lower prices than a reissue. For some that are not, I will buy the reissue ((Captain Beefheart is a good example: "Doc at the Radar Station" would cost as much used (for a not-so-pristine copy)as a new one.. if you could even FIND a used one!))
As LPs become 'all the rage' the supply of used (especially 'classic Rock") is disappearing. Thank Goodness I have most of what I want, and still live in an area with a bunch of decent used LP stores.
Classical music is a different beast altogether, and very very few reissues exist. Classical music has become a desert wilderness IMO.
Age and condition of master tape determines the outcome. With age most tapes deteriorate and the hall ambience is the first thing that is lost. Most reissues have fuller bass, better dynamics but the loss of ambience can make the original pressing preferable.