Name your lame duck artist........

What artist do you put above all others in terms of lack of talent but somehow has achieved success?

For me Madonna has to be the queen of mediocrity (mediocre being a compliment in this case) - can't sing or act and what's with the fake english accent after living there a whole two years.
And don't get me going with all these new female jazz "singers" with that vomit inducing vibratoless whisper that seems to have become mandatory in that genre today......Jones clones.
thomastrouble
What........Madonna HAS talent, or was that Patricia Barber?

Love to hear your lame duck nomination...would that be Elvis, Jimmy Hendrix or Stevie Ray Vaughn?
Kanye West - talented as a producer but massively overrated overall......never was a fan though.
It's true, I have no taste at all; I never claimed to. Sorry that I hurt your feelings Rnm4, but it's all just personal taste. Then again, little boys who indulge in ad hominem arguments don't get out much. If you don't like the message, always best to attack the messinger, LOL.
Isn't it time we talk about Cole and Krall as well? Now that we have the cockroaces scurrying from the light, we might as well start bleeding these other two sacred cows whose time has passed, to mix metaphors.

While avoiding the pretentious posturing and feigned gravitas of Barber (nothing like using the words "Cafe" and "Cool" in your album titles, if that isn't a tip off nothing is) these two chantueses still manage to really chew their way through innocent, classic, songs that really deserve better in terms of both phrasing and tempo. No, probably not horrible, though Cole can actually grate at times, but lacking expression and depth to their singing. I know, no need to tell me again. Guilty, I have no taste.