"God Bless the Child" on Idol?

Anyone catch Jacob Lusk's performance of this Billie Holiday classic last night on American Idol?

It was truly one of the most earth shattering performances I've ever seen on the show.

BH herself would have been proud.

Can't wait to hear what this guy does next.

There seems to be a fair abundance of real musical talent on Idol this year so far it seems!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmapman
I like Casey, but last night I thought he did a mediocre job on the wrong song. I suspect that he's gone. Sadly.

In my book, the guy in the rodeo costume can't get kicked off soon enough.

When Jacob finally learns that a little bit goes a long way, I think he might be terrific. Right now, it's still too much for my taste.

I like this group in general, but none have consistently nailed it.

Just one more opinion.

Marty
Finally there is some justice, that Barry Gibb wannabe got the boot...........too bad he went after some much more promising talent.
he didn't fit at all. first, i think he is semi pro from the bar scene. second, he was a lot older than the undiscovered contestants. but he was very positive and somewhat entertaining. it is nice this year to see some of the cast play instruments.
I thought the duet with Casey and Haley showcased what Haley does best. She should take note and find the right songs. Country boy Scotty is ok, but still don't get him as a front runner.(?)