"God Bless the Child" on Idol?

Anyone catch Jacob Lusk's performance of this Billie Holiday classic last night on American Idol?

It was truly one of the most earth shattering performances I've ever seen on the show.

BH herself would have been proud.

Can't wait to hear what this guy does next.

There seems to be a fair abundance of real musical talent on Idol this year so far it seems!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmapman
I was watching the NBA playoffs when my wife walks into the room and tells me you're not going to believe what happened. I taped it and told her to please not tell me as I wanted to see for myself but she was so distraught she had to so I asked if I might guess that James was booted?

Oh well, as stated above, never underestimate the voting power of the 12 year old female. I can't imagine that he would fit the mold of what would appeal to them.
Right Tubegroover, we knew there was a problem when they had James sing a hillbilly duet with Scotty at the beginning of the show.
James clearly had the most talent with the most professional level of stage presence. The others look scared to death and are not really believeable (save for Scotty doing country). Every time I see the country crooner I think Alfred E. Newman sings country...LOL
country music is not my favorite cup of tea but i do like scotty as a perfect fit for the mold.