"God Bless the Child" on Idol?

Anyone catch Jacob Lusk's performance of this Billie Holiday classic last night on American Idol?

It was truly one of the most earth shattering performances I've ever seen on the show.

BH herself would have been proud.

Can't wait to hear what this guy does next.

There seems to be a fair abundance of real musical talent on Idol this year so far it seems!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmapman
I'm not ready to write of long time commercial success for any of these three quite yet.

Scotty may be the perfect storm in terms of name recognition (resulting from "Idol"), talent, niche, and commercial appeal for the country music genre. And he's only what, 16?, for God's sake.

I could see Lauren achieving Carrie Underwood level success, which is nothing to sneeze at.

I might very well buy a Haley album or at least download a few cuts when it comes out.
Sheesh, Lauren really got to lay it on thick to close yesterday's show with that song about mothers (the GOOD kind).

I thought Scotty had it locked up with the Idol demographic, but maybe not now....
That show was just too aww shucks for me and this is least talented finale I can remember.
I agree. This season started with a lot of promise but went out with a whimper. May be the show is just getting old. Judges were/are as boring as the contestants. I predict Lauren will win and Scotty will have a far more succesful career.
I thought Tyler's comment about Lauren winning a round because she was prettier was hilarious but also quite insightful perhaps in that it really is mostly a popularity contest at this point more so than who is better or the best.

Or as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson would say in his infinite wisdom:

"It doesn't matter who the best singer is!"