Best format for SteelyDan...

I have virtually everything by "The Dan" including solo stuff on LP, CD or SACD. Hoping to find recordings that improve sonics over the pre-Aja CDs; in particular, "Pretzel Logic" "Katy Lied" & "The Royal Scam". Are the "re-masters" the way to go? Have these 3 even been re-mastered?

As an editorial comment, I don't understand why these guys don't have everything re-issued in some kind of hi-res format. If you know otherwise - please advise!
(fwiw - I'm running an upgraded Denon 2910 "universal" player). Thanks in advance for your advice. Ciao.
128x128ghosthouse
Scam is about to be released on SHM SACD
Gaucho is better then Aja on SHM SACD
They are pretty pricey
IMO

Regards,
They did remaster all of the early Steely Dan CDs. I just got done replacing all of my original CDs with the remasters. I must say, they do sound better than the originals.

I have the SHM versions of Aja and Gaucho. They are a little better sounding, but IMHO, not worth the current asking prices. I bought mine a few years ago and only paid about half what they are going for now.
I have heard alot of Steeley Dan recordings, and IMO Katy Lied on MFSL is the best of their recordings.
Do what Paul G said, get them on decent vinyl, and buy a record player, not in that order.