45rpm pressing of Fleetwood Mac Rumours

Got it Friday and it sounds lifeless on my system. (musical life jazz table Zu Denon dl103 cart.)

What's your impression? Was I expecting too much?
liketolisten
Thanks Onemalt for that info. Knowing how good my original pressing is, based on your comment, I am impressed and stand corrected. Obviously, you and the OP share different opinions. I'll continue to follow this thread for a while to see what others report. I'll make a decision to buy or pass based on what the consensus says.
I haven't heard the new 45 version of this album, but I do have the original LP. It's a pretty good recording for 70s rock.

One needs to consider the recording style, or fads of the day if you prefer. On rock records in the 70s, drums for example, were recorded with a a rather distant, muffled quality. This contrasts sharply with other periods when drums often had a more live room sound.

Remastering and digital enhancement can somewhat change the quality of a recording, but it is often difficult to change the underlying mix.

When one is listening to records from another period, it is helpful to understand the "sound" that was popular at a given period in time. No record from the 70s is going to have the in-your-face, over-compressed and bass-heavy sound of a modern release.
I have both copies (original release and the remaster) the 45 rpm remaster is better.
would have been much better if they released a bluray. I have a number of reissues on blueray (Neil Young) and when I compare to the original vinyl I have, bluray wins. You figure.
I am disappointed with the 45 rpm version. After reading all of the glowing reports, I was really looking forward to this. I also find it to be dull and rolled off at the top. My setup - Garrard 301 in Steve Dobbens plinth, Triplanar arm with Dynavecto xv-1s into Dartzeel preamp/phono is extremely open and airy. Makes me wonder what other people are hearing. As they say, YMMV.