rip mca, beastie boys rapper

mca from the beastie boys has died, rest in peace
kedoades
R.I.P. MCA...Beastie boys one of my favs...very experimental group...but their albums allways seems to have style acceptable to my taste...instrumentals are out of this world...
R.I.P. MCA. He will be missed. I'm really saddened by this. I've always enjoyed the Beastie Boys music through the years. One of my favorites is MCA's bass playing on Sabotage.
The system wouldn't let me post this topic a few days ago...now I know why.

The beasties were an huge influence on my youth. Sooooooo many good times. Hard to name a favorite but it would have to be Paul's boutique. That's the album that really opened my eyes to how innovative and unique they were. I think it's also the album that separated the mainstream from the true fans. Rest in peace Adam.
Devilboy - I agree about Paul's Boutique. It took them a long time to make that record, and all of the music was produced by the Dust Brothers in LA. When that album dropped, the casual "Fight For Your Right to Party" fans didn't know what to make of it, and initial sales were disappointing. However, I remember watching a documentary several years ago that interviewed a bunch of other rap artists at the time. Their reaction was more like "Oh Sh*t." Rap music production and beats have just gone to a new level. Our old DJ spinning James Brown samples isn't going to cut it anymore. Some of them were actually panicked that they wouldn't be able to keep up with the new style. However, when Pauls' Boutique didn't sell that well, they uncrossed their fingers, exhaled, and went back to their old, simple ways. Year later, people started to realize what a gem Paul's Boutique was, and how awesome the Dust Brothers were.