What is the best sounding Mahler symphony cycle?

Folks... I love Mahler but my two versions of the 5th sound very low-fi. I am looking for a well --- really well --- recorded 5th on redbook CD --- or better still... a whole mahler symphony cycle that is audiophile (or... near audiophile quality.

Any help would be appreciated
robsker
Just saw the Zander is recording the Mahler 2 on Linn. Called a "new partnership." Not really a huge fan of Zander, but a Mahler 2 on Linn is going to get my money. Late September release in GB, probably a little later in the US.
Hey, Yu11375, I was trying to keep this on-topic and was not criticising your general recommendations.

My love for Bernstein's Mahler knows few bounds. His NYPO M2 turned me on to Mahler and his late 6th DG is, imho, unsurpassed. I will never forget his last performances of the M2 and Das Lied von der Erde with the NYPO.

I also treasure the Sinopoli, Kubelik, Neumann and Boulez recordings (and I did mention Boulez' more recent ones on SACD).

However, aside from the recent Boulez SACDs/BluRays, I would not recommend any as "audiophile quality" and that was what the OP asked for. If he had not made that qualification, I would not have commented on your post.

BTW, there is a spectacularly-recorded set being made by Marcus Bosch on Oehms. Some are, also, excellent performances. And I second the recommendation of the Zander/Maltman recording.
A definitive answer to the OP's question of audiophile quality is any of Zander's Mahler releases on Telarc. Although, I wouldn't consider Zander a top Mahlerian conductor, the Redbook CDs sound superb.
Lowrider, Yes I have about 40 BIS CD's -Naxox distributes doesn't make. Buy most in huge used store in St.Paul.

I look for current Nordic composers, stuff coming out of Sweden, Estonia and esp. Finland is fascinating to me.
thanks Schubert. I guess I'll have to use Google and Naxos. (BIS has a catalog).