WOW factor

Just wondering what upgrades or changes to the system made big differences in sound in your system?
For me there were a number of things, but I'll start with: suspending my speakers from the ceiling using cables attached to rubber mats coupled to top and bottom of speakers held in place with cables. Prior to that I had plywood squares coupled to speaker's top and bottom surface which produced alot of bass resonance. The rubber mats made the sound dark and quiet. Also floor does not resonate. This is one of many things I discovered.
pedrillo
Hello, please copy/paste the link below to a Real WOW!

http://blog.audiovideointeriors.com/208great/

16ea.- 18" Snell Subwoofers
30ea.- 2102 Mcintosh amplifiers
2ea.- NO#33 Mark Levinson amplifiers
3ea.- Crown Gold Reference Macro amplifiers

Much more!

$6million Dollar System!
Builds proto-type designs for Home Theatre Extreme
Just sharing, You simply must see this!

Peace to All.
Running a high current amp capable of doubling output from 8 to 4 ohms made a big difference with my larger Ohm Walsh speakers.

This amp replaced another amp that had 3X the power output but not as much current, and only increased power delivered marginally in comparison from 8 to 4 ohms.

This change resulted in a much tighter, more transparent and detailed delivery with a larger sound stage at typical listening volumes.

I've read that a high current amp (perhaps also with higher damping factor) can make a big difference as well with many other larger or more esoteric design speaker systems that similarly may produce a more difficult load for an amplifier to drive, like elecrostats, maggies, etc.