Large listening room

Not sure where else to post this. I am new and am creating a 2ch system to go in a largish (18x16) room.
Right now, I am using an ayre cdp, a mcintosh ma6900 integrated and B&W 805s's with a sub.
I am starting to feel like the 805s's are too small.
Has anyone had success in a larger room?
If so, please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance!
jimmy3993
I am in 14X24 dedicated room and use VMPS with open baffle mid range ribbons with lots of success.
Heard Audio Physic scorpio. VA Mahler, PSB Synchrony. Settled on the scorpios. I think that I am partial to treble detail which is why I was drawn to the 805s's in the first place. I really wanted to like the viennas more because a friend who's ear I really respect thinks highly of them but after giving my subconcious some time to digest the auditions I found myself coming back to the scorpios.
As luck would have it, a pair came up here for sale about the same time...
Had to sell my CDP to raise the extra money but it didnt get much use anyway.
no only is the room size important, but the number of doorways, or openings that open into other areas can have a main factor.

Secondly the type of walls you have will make a difference. If you have drywall, celoltex under the drywall helps.

I bought my current house just to get the living room which is 25 x 30 with 9 ft. ceilings. It has plaster walls, which really cut down on the sounding board effect you get from drywall.

And with a larger room you'll need plenty of speaker and plenty of power. You may want to consider using a pair of subs to help out the bottom end. In a large room, its really tough to properly load the whole room equally with all the frequencies. Before you do anything though, I would suggest buying a sound pressure level meter, a test CD adn take some measurements so you can see where you are at.
Johnss
That makes sense. Do you have a fave test cd?
I haven't done this work yet but I think that I need to.