Digital Cable Music Choice

Hello all, I listen to Music Choice from my digital cable box as backround music when I am not playing Cds .
I now use a digital interconnects to watch DD TV but use the analog outputs from the cablebox to listen to music. I was thinking of upgrading the analog interconnects from the cablebox to something like a audioquest Jaguar with DBS , Would this upgrade improve sound or is it a waste of $$ since the signal out of the cable box is limited ?
Thanks~
antman27
Ok thanks , what would be the best choice using the analog outputs on the cable box ot Digital coax OR toslink fiber ?
IF the digital cable is best would a beter cable here help or just something like Audioquest VDM1 Or the Audioquest optilink 1 would be good enough and again a waste of $$ getting something like Hawk Eye with DBS or Optlink-5
I prefer to use the digital output so that it can be converted by a decent DAC. Cannot comment on choice of cable.

Kal
Yes! I do Agreed as well, It is a waste of money. I have a Motorola DCT6412 PHaseIII DVR High Definition cable Box and I use an Acoustic Zen Silver Bytes Digital Cable Connected from the cable box to my Parasound Halo C1 Processor(Just for Audio) and for video I use an HDMI cable from the cable Box to my 50" Panasonic Plasma Display. The best thing you can do is use the Digital SPDIF output of your cable box as well for music and it will be an inprovement in sound.
Good Luck!
Carlos
Well I must be a salmon swimming upstream. If you can get a hold of an older (non-DD) box with the coax out the PCM 88.1 into a great dac and within a great system is better than most "think".(As most haven't heard what I describe.)