High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
Previously I reported on this thread that I bought a used 2 meter CT-1 cable to try for signals between my turntable with Lyra cartridge outputting 0.5 mV and my Manley Steelhead Phono Stage. When I replaced my previous carbon nanotube Bybee filter cables with the CT-1 I got no signal at all from one channel and a weak one from the other. Changing cables between channels showed the same results. I contacted HF cables and was told the cable connectors were probably contaminated with metallic debris, making for a bad connection, attenuating the weak phono signals. So I sent them back for cleaning and received them today. I tried the cables again after letting them settle for a few hours.

The results were completely different this time, and in a word, otherworldly. This is the biggest change yet, bigger than the CT-1s between other equipment down the line including speaker cables. The presence, immediacy, dynamics, bass, dimensionality, liquidity, treble, ease, you name it, was the best I have heard yet. I have single-driver speakers and love the coherence and immediacy, which these cables keep improving. I also have CT-1Us between my phono stage and preamp and these seem to be breaking in with more fullness, ease, dimensionality, and bass.

If you think your cables might need the contacts cleaned, HF Cables can send you some Silly Putty to glob onto the connectors to effectively remove the metallic debris. I also like bouncing Silly Putty balls around, so there is more than one way of having fun.
I could be called bad things here but I want to thank some of the older respectable ones, Csmgolf and Jmcgrogan for speaking up when it calls for it. Thanks for doing what you can to keep our site something to benefit from. Thanks guys.
Rlawry, Thank you so much for you post!
An excellent example of a real post.
I'm sure your enjoying the music! D
Calvinj, I've been listening to a wide variety of music lately. I agree that there is something about the sound that HFCables allows, that greatly enhances musical enjoyment. A friend and I listened to the mostly soft and delicate songs from Rickie Lee Jones "Pop pop" album, then listened to the wildly
intricate rhythmic blends and high energy world music of Mino Cinelu album "Mino Cinelu"(played loudly). The High Fidelity Stuff handles every type of music with aplomb and deftness lifting veils I did not know existed and delivering the most perfect performances I could never have imagined possible in audio. How could I not be thrilled and excited!!!
You know what I mean Calvin! Enjoy!!