How do you sync the output of Zone 1 and Zone 2.

There is about a 2 second delay between Zone 2 and the main zone when playing a CD. I'm using an Arcam universal DVD player and an Onkyo TX-SR875--I am not using the internal amps of the Onkyo. I have the two speakers in Zone 2 bi-amped with four Marantz mono-blocks. The input between the Arcam DVD and the Onkyo is HDMI and also an optical digital and this doesn't make any difference in the audio delay.
dfly
When I was using a B&K processor both zones were in sync. The two rooms are about 35 feet about. Could it be that I am now using the internal amps from the the Onkyo for the Main room and external amps for zone 2, when before I was using external amps for both? What if I used the Onkyo"s internal amps for both zones?
Should work much better using all internal. The other option is using the Marantz (better amps) for both zones with an a/b speaker selector?
I am also using a Sonance DAB 1 for multi room systems. I have three other zones. How does this effect the sync? Only two of the five zones are close enough for me to care about the audio sync'ing.
I'm using a Niles 8 pair impedance matching selector for my house. 5 zones off 1 amp and main zone off the Denon 395 multi-room receiver. I honestly never notice any delays from room to room. This is thousands of feet of runs.