Help. My system is shouting at me

Recently purchased a new Cambridge 740c cd player to add to
my Exposure 2010s integrated amp and Castle Richmond 3i's. After about 3 weeks of break in it is sounding good but vocals have an annoying quality. I am relatively ignorant when it comes to technical terms to describe sound qualities.The best way i can describe the problem is the highs sound like shouting instead of singing.The problem occurs even at moderate volume.Needless to say it's unpleasant to listen to. Could speaker wire be causing the problem. I am using Monster THX off the spool which is a combination of copper and silver. I have some good Ecosse wiring coming soon, but i am not sure if that's the problem.
The problem seems to have manifested recently with the break in of the cd player, which is ironic.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
blazen69
Avoiding shouting is a question of balancing components.
It should be relatively simple to solve the problem with the right interconnects and or speaker cable.What you need is warm sounding cables.Good Luck.
Do you have another player you can swap out for the Cambridge? I've experienced what you're describing in the past. It wasn't the wire or the the room. It was a combination of the other equipment and the CD player. Mainly the CD player though.

The speakers at that time seemed to highlight this as well. If you didn't have the shout before the CD player..well you know..time for a different CD player.
"The best way i can describe the problem is the highs sound like shouting instead of singing".

Blazen69 ... Is it possible you could mean the PEAKS (not the HIGHS) "sound like shouting instead of singing"

The PEAKS would be the loud passages ... the HIGHS would be the Upper Frequencies

I bet your high frequency response is probably alright or very acceptable even without any room treatments

I think your problem with the shout-y-ness occurs when there is a PEAK or DEMAND in the music for a brief second ... once this demand passes shout-y-ness stops and everything returns to normal and sounds fine.

If you had issuses with the HIGHs ... I sure you would be complaining about an edgy or fatiguing sound, all the time ... but your not

You problem is shout-y-ness and only momentary

If my description of the problems sounds correct to you and it's the PEAKs not HIGHs that sound shouty ... I pretty sure I know the problem and the fix