FM static?

For years I've enjoyed pretty decent FM reception. Recently I've been hearing static along with my music. This is most noticible during typical day/evening hours and a bit less so during the wee moring hours. I haven't added or changed any new electronics to my home since this happened. My other source works fine. I tried alternating between a Denon TU-800 and a Denon TU 680-NAB with the same results. This is most dissapointing. I called the FCC to find out if the local Broadcasters applied for any changes. That was a complete bust, after a fairly lengthy process, the FCC offered absolutely no help and suggested I call each and every broadcaster that my tuners pick up. Ha! I called the local utility company this morning, they said they would look into it. I haven't heard anything as yet, but it really hasn't been that long since I called. What gives? What can I do? BTW, I've never recieved very good over the air TV reception here.
unsound
Apart from weak signals, I have experienced static only from automobiles passing by on the highway. Shielded 300 ohm twinlead solved the problem. Now I have 75ohm coax with a rf amp at the antenna.

I am located in a "fringe" reception area.
Edartford, thank you for replying. Weak signals don't appear to be the issue. The TU 680-NAB's signal meter fully lights up and the TU-800's signal meter lights up to about 2/3 of the way. I currently use 75 Ohm coax as suggested by the manufacturer of the tuners and the manufacturer of the antenna. I had no problems with this set up untill fairly recently. I usually listen to the radio for many hours each day. This new development is really taking away that joy.
Try cleaning or even reterminating the coax. When I was having problems with cable TV the technician reterminated a couple of coax wires which looked perfectly good to me, and this completely eliminated the problem.