Resampling my music collection

Suppose I wanted to do a static resampling of my music collection in the form of lossless audio files. Would there be an advantage to resampling to 96 kHz rather than 48 kHz? The only quibble I have with 96 kHz is that it would make the files twice the size.

One of the reasons I want to do a static resample is that if I want to do any DSP during playback, I don't have to worry about the resampling ability of the DSP software that I use.
128x128dnewhous
If I resample my music statically then I don't have to worry about the mediocre real time resampling ability of various playback software. Obviously, I won't be using the same software to do a static resample that I would for playback.

resample ability = the quality of the resampling
Jtwrace, I am not a Mac user and will not become one until they have an equivalent to PowerDVD. And by equivalent, I mean support 100% or more of PowerDVD's features. The full, retail version of PowerDVD.

I also need software that can resample and apply de-emphasis with 64 bit precision. The only thing I've found that does what I want is SOX (Sound Exchange). The fact that it is free is actually a turn off, but there isn't any payware that will do what it does.
Dnewhous

What about http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/soundforgefamily.asp
Neither Soundforge nor Wavelab do de-emphasis without a plugin, and the only plugin I've found that does it, the Waves Q10 plugin, does it with 32 bit precision, which just doesn't cut it.