Basis 1400 Turntable
Simaudio Moon LP 3 phono pre
Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 tube Tube preamp
Straightwire virtuoso Speaker cable
Sumiko Bluepoint Special No 2 Cartridge
Signal Cable Magic Power Power Cord Tweak
APC Power Conditioner H 10 Tweak
DIY BASS TRAPS/PANELS

What is next for a $1200 upgrade? I was thinking a new cdp or perhaps more powerful amps. As to the cdp the Sony XA 5400 es has been highly touted in some circles.
CLueless on the amp situation but I know the solid state is good for me and that with my current bi amped setup I am only geting 150 watts per channel and the Snells can take a lot more than that.
I listen to cds 70% ,classic rock, bluegrass some classical and jazz to.
Suggestions?
128x128blueskiespbd
nice stereo...a jelco arm would be an upgrade.. even a better one would allow you to keep some of the 1200.
There's a Classé Fifteen up for sale right now at exactly that price. Goodbye to biamping but a much better amp.

Other ways to spend it:

- an outboard DAC and a good 1.5m digital cable
- get your tonearm rewired
- battery power supply for the phonostage
- new preamp
Assuming that your speaekers do everything you want them to do, always upgrade the source first IMO. I have recently tried new sources and was amazed at what I heard. Second the preamp to one that is more open with better details that lets the music flow out.

Happy Listening.
0n the analogue side is it smarter to replace the Rega 250 with a better arm or have it rewired? I have been happy with the Sumiko cart but am unsure about the prospects of replacing it. So many choices on the cart side it seems a daunting task when I don't know what they will sound like.
Some are suggesting replacing the preamp----I trust you are talking about the Moon not the Sonic.
I am happy with the speakers until I can get a pair of Soundlabs.
I have thought that biamping would be the preferred way to go so I don't know about buying a single better amp especially when I would then later have to try and find a matching amp if later I decided to go back to biamping.
Ahhh, the plot thickens.