BNC or Coax?

Hi Everybody.

In connecting a USB converter (like a Trends 10.1 or CryoParts Pop Pulse) to a DAC, is BNC better than coax?
mmarvin19
So, is the concensus that RCA termination or BNC termination is equally reliable

The simple answer, if there is one, is yes. However, when possible I'd always choose BNC over RCA. If I had to go with RCA I wouldn't worry too much about it...or optical (Toslink) for that matter.
Hey Musicman.

Why would you choose the BNC connector over RCA? Tighter connection? But, there are "locking" RCA connectors.

It seems that cables w/ BNC connectors are always more expensive than the same cable with RCA connectors. Also, with many components RCA connections come standard, but it costs extra for BNC connections.

Is it possible that BNC connections/connectors are a carry over from pro audio where a secure connection is vitally important.
Musicman, beyond "secure", BNC connectors are designed to maintain constant impedance in the connection: 75 ohms.
If you have to use RCA plug - get one with true 75 Ohm impedance (standard RCAs are not).
Kijanki, it's my understanding that there is no such thing as a true 75 ohm RCA plug, even though there are manufacturers like Canare who claim they make one. My experience and knowledge are small, however. Do you know of any true 75 ohm RCAs specifically? Eichmanns, maybe?