Which computer DVDrom is the best for ripping?

My drive is about to die so it's time to get another DVDrom. So which one is the best for ripping? or it doesn't matter at all?

cheers,
kschiu

Plextor drives used to be The King, but several years ago they started being made by some other manufacturer. A current computer magazine I picked up while in the airport last week wrote up the Plextor PX-850SA. They liked it but said it was a better ripper than a writer. This is the drive I use.

I ripped a couple of hundred CDs with EAC about two years ago. All in all, I have found about a dozen audible errors just from casual listening. Re-ripping took care of a few of the errors but not all.

I've since moved to dbPowerAmp as my ripper of choice. After the small learning curve, I like it better. I've read somewhere that it is the new 'Gold Standard' (whatever you can take from that...). I prefer the more modern interface of dbPowerAmp and their suite of converter software it I have to transcode.
I have EAC setup to automatically take charge of iTunes, convert to AIFF and add files to my iTunes library. If I can figure out how to get dbPowerAmp to do that, I may use it because EAC is old and tends to hang in between tracks.
Thanks, Dnewhous and Blackstonejd,

Does it mean that the output file from different CD rippers might be different?

I noticed from EAC, the tracks aren't always 100% (reported quality in the log).