Drying sand in the oven- anyone try it?

Hi gents & ladies,

I'm going to use monitors in my home office, got some really nice four-pillar Focus stands to sit the speakers on. I want to fill the pillars with sand, but want to make sure the sand is completely dry before I fill'em up. Why not use the oven? Heat it up and let the sand bake for a while. Have you done this? What temp? For how long? Thanks, Jeff
hack
Onhwy61, Did you get that from Rachael Ray's "Cooking Rocks" 30 Minute Gritty Meals? "The Ants in the Sand" Recipe adds a little more Protein... Yummy! ;0)~
Lead shot. #7 1/2. Doesn't need to be dried. Large enough not to get lodged into the threads of the cap. Do not eat.
My grandmother had a recipe for this, but I lost it! Here in Tucson, I'd just leave the sand outside for a few days...good luck finding a 'real' answer.
that sounds like a lot of effort that probably is not necessary. You want silica sand (readily available from any home improvement store in 50 or 100lb bags). This is 100% moistureless whereas builders sand or play sand is not. When you fill your stands, be careful not to breathe the dust as silica is carcinigenic.