Animal damage to system

After a hard day of work all I wanted to do was relax and watch a movie. I was 2 seconds into the movie and the protection circuit of the receiver activated. Come to find out that the cat had chewed all 3 of the front speaker cables, 1 phone line and 2 coax cables. What kind of damage have you experienced with animals and your system?
nerspellsner
After the cat wrecked my speaker cables, I temporarily replaced them with some other cables I had. This morning I discovered that the cat decided to wreck the surround speaker cables and the outside speaker cables too. The cat chewed them right at the wall plate where the come out of the wall. There is not enough slack wire in the wall to install a speaker binding post jack to extend the cables. It looks like new cables will have to be snaked through the walls again.It did not damage the 3 fronts that I replaced or any of the interconnects yet. We do have 2 large dogs in the house but they both get along well with the cats.Mabey the cat will try out a power cord someday. I want to run my cables in electrical flexible non metalic tubing (ENT)to protect them from any further damage. Is there a limit on many speaker cables can installed together in the ENT? Will I be degrading the sound if I run 7 speaker cables together in the ENT? Thanks for all your posts.
Had a Rabbit once that my PETA loving ex wouldn't allow me to cage. Besides pellets andf piss all over the house, it liked to chew on any wire it could find. Years later I still find insulation stripped from one cord or another. Furtunately no fires yet.
In the end, the cats got tired of his BS and killed him. I was "very sorry" to find him dead in the corner one day.
Oh, did I forget to mention? A hunter friend of mine tells me that it is possible to buy large animal urine (coyote/wolf) from some hunting stores, although I'm not sure if it's synthetic or real. Apparently a drop here and there will keep away all but the bravest pets. Just think of the fun -a cat thinking it lives with a wolf....